10 Ways to Manage and Clear Your Energy on a Regular Basis
Managing and clearing our energy on a daily basis is a sign of balance, wellbeing, and health.
It can be often overlooked, and when we do not pay attention to how our energetic fields are working within and around us, we are prone to not feeling so great.
Picture this. You’re wearing a black t-shirt and you gently pet a soft, white cat….or if you are more keen to dogs, imagine the dog jumps on your lap because s/he is excited to meet a new friend.
Afterward, whether it is a cat or a dog, you notice you have some fur clinging to your black t-shirt.
You might take a lint roller (those sticky tape ones) and roll it on your shirt to remove the fur. It might take a few passes, but after a good roll or a few, your t-shirt is now fur-free.
Or, you might pick the fur off, hair by hair, carefully releasing it to float in the air and hopefully not back to you.
All depends on which way the wind is blowing that day.
Now, to connect back to the title where we began, what do dog and cat fur have to do with clearing and managing your energy? The fur is a metaphor for energy. It can be soft, hard, coarse, curly, or take on other characteristics. Whether you are wearing a black t-shirt or not, you are going to pick up energy from those around you. It’s a fact because we are all energetic beings, with our own unique energetic fields.
Note, this is not woo-woo or juju, this is simple proven science that the world is beginning to understand and talk about in a wider fashion. When we are aware and managing, clearing, and cleansing our energy, we are addressing and supporting our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health and wellbeing.
Our energetic fields are constantly interacting with fields around us. It can be the person standing next to you in line, it can be your lover lying next to you in bed. It can even be the customer service representative on the phone. It can also be that restaurant that you love to go to spend time. Or, it could be your favorite holiday place or an experience that you still remember, even though it happened five years ago. All of these have one thing in common: energetic vibrations.
We exchange, share, and pick up energy from people, places, and events. Each time we intermingle our energy with others has an impact in the way we think. The way we think then creates the way we feel.
When we consistently practice a pattern of thinking, influenced by the energies around us, we are then practicing a way of feeling. After continued practice, the way we feel as the result of our thoughts is simply a habit that we have formed, whether consciously or unconsciously. We can feel energetically expanded or contracted. When we are expanded we are in the creative state. Life feels open, full of options, and fun! When we are contracted we are in the small state. Life can feel dark, lonely, and fearful (or fear-full).
Living in the creative (expanded) state is one of the reasons why it is important to manage and clear our energy on a regular basis. It not only benefits our health (number one), it benefits life in general. When we feel open, expanded, and are creating, we are in fact impacting our surroundings in a generous, loving, and supportive way, and yes, we are influencing positive change in the world.
How do we manage and clear our energy?
Here are 10 ways you can start.
- Move your body. Movement is much like that lint roller already mentioned. It has the ability to shift, shake, and lift energy that is potentially stuck somewhere in or inside of you. Movement can be yoga, running, jumping jacks, rebounding, dancing, surfing, swimming…anything that gets you moving in a way that your body does not habitually do on a regular basis, all day long.
- Breathe deeply. The act of breathing is the largest detoxification tool we have built into ourselves. When we exhale, we are creating some powerful movement of outward expression, thereby taking energy that we no longer need away from us. We are creating space for newness inside. This can then manifest as new thoughts, resulting in new feelings.
- Make some noise. The vibrational quality of sound can be vastly healing. If you want to change your energy or manage it in a better way, move from funky to flavorful, sing a song. You do not have to be a singer to do this, simply let it out. Mantras are a powerful way to move and manage your energy and raise your vibration. Stick with something simple that works for you. The mantra “Sat Nam” (pronounced “Sut Nahm”) is a powerful chant to repeat as you are activating your pineal gland when the tongue strikes the roof of the mouth. It is also a centering call as the phrase translates to “True Identity”, thereby calling in your power and allowing you to manage yourself from the source energy inside.
If creating your own sound vibration does not appeal to you, find a good sound healer. Singing bowls or gong vibrations are vastly effective in shifting, managing, and clearing your energy.
- Schedule regular bodywork. Bodywork can be any form of massage, craniosacral therapy, or DITY (do it to yourself) foam rolling is a great way to release stuckness in the body, which thereby releases trapped energy that builds in the body’s tissues. While massage used to be looked at as a “treat” or “special occasion” activity, it is, in fact, a foundation of wellness and self-care. It is just as important as brushing our teeth, eating the right food, having the right relationships, and getting enough sleep. It is necessary to feel balanced, alive, and full.
- Receive regular energy healing. Much in the line of a massage, energy healing is key to health and energy management/cleansing. A physical massage of the body releases the physical energy in the body. Energy healing releases and clears trapped energy in the body. One little pocket of trapped energy can disrupt your entire pranic system. When the prana is not flowing, not only can physical pain arise, but emotional and mental pain can begin to collect and take form. This manifests a lower level thought process, creating lower level thinking, thus which form low-level feelings. If you want to feel bright and lifted, find a good Reiki healer to support you working through your trapped energy. Remember that energy cannot be removed or discarded, but it can simply change forms and move from one state to another. A qualified healer or therapist can support you in making this shift.
- Express yourself. Find a good mentor, coach, teacher, friend, therapist, or all of the above. Talk things out in a trusted environment. Ask questions, “Am I being…?”…because most of the time we are too quick to self-judge and shut down. Let the words flow out of you. This is optimal energetic management, which can also lead to cleansing and clearing. Remember, we are not designed to be here alone, we are designed to connect. When we are able to talk things out, we are able to bring the intellectual and emotional minds into unison and free ourselves from patterns or opinions that are simply not true. Make sure your person who is in one or several of the mentioned “listener” categories is in fact, a good listener. If they are one to interrupt you or force their opinions, they are most likely not listening to you and you can wind up with more of an energetic burden to carry alongside what you are already energetically sherpa-ing in your life.
- Bathe in nature. Forest baths (immersing yourself in a forest environment), sitting on the sand and watching the waves approach and recede from the shore, trekking in the hills are all beautiful ways to clear and manage your energy. As we are living in a constantly connected world with wifi and radio waves surrounding us, this is affecting our own energetic fields and can leave us feeling compressed, and small. Connecting to nature reverses all of this and can support our clearing and managing our energic states. It is important to do this on a more regular basis if you live in a more artificial, urban environment. In any case, it is important to mix this into your lifestyle routines in order to feel optimally balanced and connected to life.
- Get rid of anything processed in your life. This can be processed food and also processed people. You do not need any additives to what you consume or whom you surround yourself with. Foodwise, work on your choices and choose whole, natural, and preferably organic foods. (When consumed, pesticides not only stress your digestive and detoxification systems, they suppress your overall energetic vibration.)
Ever notice that people who eat the right foods are more balanced in their emotions, have a happier outlook on life, and in general – look and seem brighter? It’s coming from the inside and is directly related to the food they are consuming and the relationships they create with the outside world.
If you have people in your life who take all the oxygen out of the room with their drama, or if they are in fact energy vultures (always taking, taking, taking with a “what’s in it for me” approach, and never giving or supporting), find a way to eliminate or limit these relationships. A book I love for this is called “Boundaries and Protection” by Pixie Lighthorse. Look at the back pages of this book for some great starting phrases to help you as you re-adjust your boundaries and cleanse processed people out of your life. Their energy is not serving you, and if you are a sensitive person or empath, you are likely to pick things up from them on a subconscious level and could sherpa around their stuff. Thereby freeing them (temporarily, because a good dramatizer is always good at making more drama) but then burdening yourself.
- Spend time alone in self-care mode. Spending time alone is a form of self-care. We can all get “peopled out” and it is important to retreat and rest in order to recharge. Whether you are surrounded by a home full of people, or work with many different people, spending ten minutes by yourself every day can do wonders for supporting you to clear and manage your energy. Meditation is a form of self-care and you can spend those ten minutes sitting or lying down, focusing on your in and out breath. You can take a class, buy an app, work with a teacher, or do all three in order to cultivate your own meditation practice.
Journaling in your time alone is another way to start to dig deeper into yourself and explore what your emotions are connected to, and why this connection can be so strong for you. Self-reflection writing allows you to get unstuck from an emotional and energetic state that has far outlasted its season. It is also a way to discover the unconscious programs that are running you, which could be leading you to not trust. Not trusting is a particularly dangerous habit or program. When you are not trusting someone or something, you are not trusting yourself or source either.
- Partner with plant medicine. Along with all of the above, use essential oils to support your health and wellbeing. The olfactory system (your sense of smell) has a direct connecting to the amygdala and limbic brain. This is where emotions and memories are stored and the subconscious mind cannot block the messages that scent delivers. When using essential oils in an aromatic or topical application, you are creating a new stimulus to interrupt old thought and emotional patterns. This allows you to now create new patterns and healthier habits.
When we repeat an energetic and emotional response, this practice becomes a habit. This habit becomes part of our behavior. And, if the behavior is continued for a period of time, it becomes part of our personality. This is why you can feel that your emotions are running you. It’s a practice your brain has learned and in order to change, clear, and manage this energy, you must first interrupt it.
Essential oils stimulate multiple regions of the brain that control endocrine (hormonal), immune, and limbic (emotional) functions. When partnering with their properties and interrupting the current practices you put in place, you are able to directly affect both conscious and unconscious physical, energetic, emotional, and mental areas within yourself. It is important to use these tools and use them regularly. Because they are derived directly from nature, you will metabolize them like food, therefore daily (or more) application of an essential oil is key to managing and clearing your energy.
Below is a plant medicine (essential oil) method you can use to clear and manage energy, emotions, and overall wellbeing, as taught by Desiree Mangandong, LAc, MSTOM
Essential Oils to Clear and Manage Your Energy
The majority of our emotions are from the following:
- External attacks by other people, entities, and improper boundaries.
- Trapped emotions from past events and traumatic experiences.
- The ideas and thoughts that rule our perspective on life. This can be generational, social, cultural, and peer belief patterns.
Phase I: Removing External Attacks
The first stage of this protocol is to remove energetic hooks and build proper boundaries.
Phase I Essential Oil Protocol:
Apply for 2 weeks, morning and night. Dilute each of the oils in a small amount of fractionated coconut oil
- 1 drop Melaleuca on back of neck and top of the head, inside of elbow creases.
- 1 drop Oregano on Solar Plexus. Use carrier oil to dilute – always. Oregano is a “hot” oil and can irritate the skin if not diluted.
- 1 drop Lemongrass on top of the head.
- 1 drop of Frankincense inside the wrists (to repair energetic cracks)
Melaleuca is antiseptic in nature and helps with skepticism, and removes energetic hooks. Oregano is anti-viral and encourages non-attachment. Lemongrass is cleansing. Frankincense reveals the truth.
Phase II: Releasing trapped emotions
The body decays when it is stuck in the past. The vibration is low, and this creates anxieties, fears, worry growth. The second stage of this protocol is to release the programs and systems that are holding emotions. People love to love their systems and programs, even if they do not serve them or their personal growth.
Phase II Essential Oil Protocol:
Apply for 1 week in the morning (always dilute each of the oils in a small amount of fractionated coconut oil)
Apply to chest:
- 1 drop Cypress
- 1 drop Wintergreen (can substitute cilantro for wintergreen)
- 1 drop Lemongrass
Apply to Third Eye:
- 1 drop Black Pepper
Apply to Spine:
- 1 drop Siberian Fir
Cypress encourages flow. Wintergreen promotes surrender. Lemongrass is cleansing. Black Pepper reveals facades that hide aspects of ourselves, and Siberian Fir addresses generational healing and aging.
Phase III: Clearing and rewiring
Clear out destructive belief patterns and rewire the brain for empowering belief patterns.
Phase III Essential Oil Protocol:
Apply for 1 week in the morning (always dilute each of the oils in a small amount of fractionated coconut oil)
- 1 drop Siberian Fir on top of the head
- 1 drop Douglas Fir on back of the neck
- 1 drop Lemon on temples (apply inside hairline, especially in summer months as citrus oils are photosensitive and skin can become darker when exposed to sun)
- 1 drop Bergamot on Solar Plexus (do not apply if the area will be exposed to the sun within 12 hours)
Diffuse (throughout the day until sunset):
- 2 drops Siberian Fir
- 2 drops Lemongrass
Siberian Fir addresses generational healing and aging and Douglas Fir promotes wisdom. Lemon brings focus and Bergamot encourages self-acceptance. Lemongrass is cleansing and clearing.
Now that you have ten ways to manage and clear your energy, it is time to get to work. Try one at a time, or several of the recommended methods and let me know how you are going!
Please partner with and practice the protocols on the daily. Once you complete Phase I, move onto Phase II, then finish with Phase III.
It is important to clear and manage your energy every day. Just like brushing your teeth. We all know what happens if we do not brush our teeth: things get funky and decay sets in. This is the same for clearing and cleansing our energy.
from my heart to yours,
Contact me to schedule your one to one personal wellness consultation.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
One of the ways to address elevated levels of anxiety and stress in your life is to look at how you can improve your sleep quality. Lack of sleep is linked to higher rates of inflammation, lowered immunity, anxiety, stress, and even depression. It also accelerates...
My first experience with Reiki happened back in 2012 while I was living in Dharamsala, India. At the time, I was working full-time on my advanced yoga teacher training certification. In addition, I was also studying Buddhist philosophy with H.H. the Dalai Lama. Why...